Portal user's field of science.
- QMA-226Getting issue details... STATUS
|Discuss need to get user's field of science captured in the portal.|
|Tracking how projects come to ECSS. - QMA-227Getting issue details... STATUS||Figure out a way to track how projects come to ECSS (perhaps get a checkbox in JIRA for how users know of ECSS)||Marques Bland|
|Staff training opportunities. - QMA-228Getting issue details... STATUS||Discuss staff training (Travel) opportunities and try to standardize an ECSS approach.|
Notes/ Discussion items:
- PY8 Planning
- files: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B24LwVILbPesTS1yc0NzX045YVk
- slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eQYblH7dPd71EyBhLk5vnIYYT-KaElNnguxvzCUzgcQ/edit#slide=id.p3
- directions: Annual Planning Process
- Nancy's link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12EyrhK_C0msfG9TnY22TfvLZUfiJXHanMsq4F0SENw0/edit#.
- advertise ECSS
- provide a good working environment, enrichment opportunities
- The fields of science are changing and we can use NIP to take the lead to address these new areas that people are researching
- ECSS Affiliates program and how to make it as effective as possible
- Number of ECSS projects
- Should we reduce the target number of completed projects to give time for staff development? 45 would be a 10% reduction
- Need to continue discussion about travel opportunities and how increasing the push for more staff training works at the individual institutions
- Discuss entire travel strategy at Face to Face meeting
- Need to discuss new types of expertise at face to face
- Staff training (Travel) opportunities at ECSS PY8 Planning meeting (Monday at 6pm)
- New types of staff expertise
- 5% exercise
- Need to clarify how things are counted. Currently users are counted if they're logging in through the portal. Users do not have to log in to the portal to use their allocations, so these users are not being captured into our metrics.
- Suggestion from Lorna: Parallel metric that shows "compute users" for entire project, not just NIP.
- We would need users to define their field of science in the portal.