Users should provide less sensitive personal data
Guide users toward providing less sensitive personal data (E.g., work contact info, not home contact info)
To reflect Data Sharing as a part of what XSEDE does, in order to improve the ecosystem and understand its impact.
|Inventory data sets||Inventory data sets of most likely interest for third-party use||Dave H., Greg P.||11/15/17|
|Define “anonymization” of user data||Clarify acceptable level and consistent approach to “anonymization” of user data; How anonymous is anonymous enough?||Adam S., Jim M.||12/31/17|
|Process for sharing confidential data sets||Define process for sharing more confidential data sets||Lorna R.||12/31/17|
Revise “XSEDE Privacy and Data Sharing Policy”
Make Privacy and Data Sharing Policy more visible
Make Privacy and Data Sharing Policy more visible, Make Usage Policy statements consistent with that policy
Follow up with XDMOD/ XMS
Follow through with XDMOD/ XMS to make sure that they are aware of policy updates and taking steps to be compliant.
Notes/ Discussion Items:
- We are not IRB approval... researcher is responsible for obtaining IRB exemption from their institution
- make some data sets available and others not
- NDAs for confidential data (i.e. proposal reviews)
- Define frameworks in order to easily classify requests that have not been anticipated
- Publish a catalog of releasable data/ possibly use DOI to help catalog and track
- User Data can be messy as it is entered by the user
- PII: staff, users, etc...
Understand need for, applicability of IRB review and certification
- Follow through with XDMOD/ XMS to make sure