|Is the field that was already added to RDR for Gateways needed at all (Gateway Recommended Use)? JP to take issue to RDR people||JP Navarro|
|Nancy to ask iTasser people if they went to the allocations page then going to the Gateways page or vice versa?||Nancy thinks this is a point of interest, but not worth a special communication with i-TASSER. We should update xsede.org/resources to describe gateway hosting and other services regardless.||Nancy Wilkins-Diehr|
|https://portal.xsede.org/allocation-request-steps||Update screen shots and text, mentions retired resources||David Hart|
First step, establish additional RDR fields. (Dave/JP?)
Second step, have SPs populate those fields (Victor?)
Third step, determine how those fields will be displayed in the documentation (Susan Lindsey?)
- Maytal: Under the gateway area pages, we'd have an XSEDE system for Gateways. Pulls in automatically from RDR. Show the systems, allows community accounts, shows hosting environments, etc. That way it can be a highlighted page under the gateways area and would show the gateway specific stuff we can pull from RDR.
- If we had this information in RDR where SPs can update it, then it's easier to use the information.
- Basically a Gateways metadata section with critical information that would be best utilized by Gateway users.
- How to describe it in RDR
- SPs clicking yes/no boxes?
- More open text fields saying things like services available for Gateways and allow users to list things.
- Marlon shared on offline exchange where specific RDR fields had been discussed:
- 1) Community account support (check-box/yes-no)
2) Virtual hosting of gateway services (check-box/yes-no)
3) Other Features for Science Gateways (keywords: web service hosting, database hosting, virtual clusters, data collection hosting for gateways)
This last field could be the existing "gateway recommended use" field
- JP: Is the field that was already added to RDR for Gateways needed at all (Gateway Recommended Use)?
- Yes, helpful to keep for SPs
- Perhaps include Marlon's keyword list and still allow an open field for text entry. Might want to include help text to help users entering information.
- Gateway Recommend Use field was specifically added in the compute resources field in RDR. Do we need Gateway information about the other types of resources?
- Perhaps leave it as is for now, but continue the discussion at a later date.
- Screenshots for https://portal.xsede.org/allocation-request-steps need to be updated since the resources in the screenshots and other text are outdated.
- Do you find that they're going to the allocations page then going to the Gateways page or vice versa?
- When a Gateway lists itself, do you want it to say "we are using the following XSEDE resources in the following way?"
- Data collected from Craig Stewart (Feb, 2017) that still needs to be published. This reflects which SPs provide gateway hosting.