- Sudhakar Pamidighantam
- Paul Rodriguez
- Derek Simmel
- Marcela Madrid
- Alan Craig
- Roberto Gomez
- Marcela Madrid
- Lisa Lowe
- Davide Del Vento
- Kevin Chen
- Anirban Jana
- Joel Welling
- Paola Buitrago
- Report and track work with NIP research groups
- Improve strategies for finding users from non-traditional communities
|5 min||Welcome and Agenda Additions||Philip Blood|
Zoom Meeting ID: 647 898 865
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/647898865
|5 min||Follow up on Discussion: Increasing number of new users from NIP communities||Philip Blood, All|
Can we be more proactive in seeking out new users from non-traditional communities? Perhaps by more actively attending and presenting at strategic conferences? Other ideas?
Identifying NIP people who come to XSEDE:
Finding NIP people who don't know about XSEDE:
|30 min||Current NIP efforts||Philip Blood, All|
Where are your current NIP efforts focused?
Paul Rodriguez: Ying Xie and Mina Ameri, University of Texas at Dallas. Paul is working with this group on benchmarking.
Kevin Chen: Lars Hinrichs, UT Austin: https://jira.xsede.org/browse/ECSS3-4531?jql=text%20~%20%22hinrichs%22
Joel Welling: Anela Choy (MBARI): Transferred to NIP from ESRT: https://jira.xsede.org/browse/ECSS3-156
Sergiu Sanielevici was going to make initial contact with this project. Status?: https://jira.xsede.org/browse/ECSS3-4509
Projects we are aware of and helping. Sergiu has a list at the bottom of the main NIP page: WBS 2.2.3 NIP: Novel & Innovative Projects.
Marques Bland now has these projects in JIRA:
We will have JIRA training at the SP sites. Philip Blood will invite non-SP NIP members to join the PSC training.
|5 min||AOB, next meeting||Philip Blood|
Reminder: SGCI can now be allocated through XRAS ECSS (help with User Interface side).
Next meeting: Jan. 29 2018. Happy New Year!
- Fill out ECSS Skills Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/S5MEj72cul0nE5q33 - we will tell you who has not done so yet.
- Enter Background, Skills, and Interests (particularly: what are you interested in doing in NIP?) into Confluence Profile
- Philip Blood post Sudhakar Pamidighantam's SGCI presentation to NIP on wiki and send to mailing list
- Philip Blood and Sergiu Sanielevici follow up on status of SGCI allocations and promotion in XSEDE
- Philip Blood and Sergiu Sanielevici follow up with ECSS management on user NIP requests
- Philip Blood follow up with Domain Champions on reaching out to communities at conferences
- Philip Blood look at tracking NIP help requests that come from XRAS
- Sergiu Sanielevici and Philip Blood: ensure XRAC reviewers are looking for NIP projects and suggesting NIP support
- Philip Blood: Send out announcement of PSC JIRA training to firstname.lastname@example.org so non-SP personnel can join